First Week Of Pregnancy
Do you know that you’re pregnant? Of course not! Despite the fact that you don’t even know it, there are lots of things that are happening to you and to your baby!
Your Baby First week
Can you believe that:
- Is it a boy? Or perhaps a girl! It’s already done. Yep! The sex of your baby is already decided.
- The most vital organs are already taking shape. The heart, spine and the brain.
- The rate of their growth and development is the fastest at this stage than any other stage of your pregnancy.
Yet, you don’t even know that they are even there. Amazing!
Your Body First week
Before we go any further, let me ask you: are you taking any vitamin Folic-Acid? If you are, that’s good, keep it up. If not, it’s highly recommended that you start now, this is because, if you’re actually trying to get pregnant, you’ll be 4 weeks into your pregnancy before it is confirmed. Health-professionals calculate the start of your pregnancy from the first day of your last period.
As for what’s happening inside your body at this stage:
- Your body is releasing last month’s egg.
- It’s building the new uterine to hold the new month’s egg.
- The new egg will get fertilized and develop into a fetus.
It probably wont be until you miss your period at about four weeks that you will notice the early symptoms of pregnancy. In saying that some women, however, will have some really early symptoms after the fertilization, such as:
- Sore breasts.
- Frequent and sometimes urgent need to pee.
Healthy Mum = Healthy Baby
- Eating well is key.
- Stopping bad health habits, such as: smoking, drinking alcohol and caffeine. If it is not possible to completely stop then reduce it to as little as you can.
- Exercise: if you already doing it, that’s great! If not, then this is a good time to consider it. Consult your health-professional and always take up exercise with instructors who have experience in working with pregnant women.
Isn’t it amazing that all of this could be taking place without you even knowing it!
Here’s Heidi Murkoff telling you all about it:-
As always any questions let me know. Leave me a comment and share the love: